Howth Singing Circle
‘A thrill of hope – the weary world rejoices’
Mná an Tí –
Kay Burke and Ann Riordan
Three in a Row – Dave O’Connor
Thursday, 3 December, 2020 from 8pm
those wishing to participate, get Zoom details by emailing
Booklet from Cathal Caufield now available CDs/Books
Our new Nightingale magazine has an update
Thursday, 5 November 2020 at 8pm SHARP
Launch of Young Singer in Residence Cathal Caulfield’s
Tales of Humour, Wonder & Woe
launch by Críostóir Mac Carthaigh (NFC), Annette Munnelly
& Liam O’Connor (ITMA)
Booklet can be purchased here –Buy Here
Streaming live on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Howthmusiccircle/
for Zoom codes contact email@example.com
Howth Singing Circle – Zoom Session
Harvest in Ireland, c1890, Lawrence Collection, National Library of Ireland
Bean agus Fear an Tí –Helen Lahert & Gerry O’Connor
Three in a Row – Máiríde Woods
Thursday, 1 October from 8pm
Those wishing access/Zoom details
– e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Those days are but a memory like the snow of yesteryear
And evening shades are falling all alone I shed a tear
On my cheek I feel the soft touch of the winds that whisper low
When I mowed Pat Murphy’s meadow in the sunny long ago’
CELEBRATING TWENTY YEARS
To kick off our Twentieth Anniversary, we will commence the new season with an Open Zoom Session on Thursday 10 September at 8pm.
Our ‘Three in a Row’ guest is our regular Howth singer Eddie Phillips.
with a webcam. You will also need to create a free account with Zoom and/or
download the Zoom app. Please visit https://zoom.us/signup to set up and download
the relevant software. Meeting ID and Password will be sent on request to Ann riordan at email@example.com
Our next evening is Thursday 23rd July 2020 at 8 pm – via Zoom
Our guest will be Clíona Ní Ghallachóir.
To receive notification of the link and password please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosted by Daire Ó Baoill & Eilín Ní Bhaoill
Aoi speisialta: Clíona Ní Ghallachóir
Láithreoirí: Daire Ó Baoill & Eilín Ní Bhaoill
Déardaoin, 23ú Iúil 2020Seisiún Fíorúil ar ZOOM – 8 a Chlog
Le Clárú (nasc & pasfhocal), seol r-phost chuig: email@example.com
Fáilte roimh Chách!
Our latest Sweet Nightingale Magazine is available now
The Silence of Covid 19
- For singers and musicians, the Lockdown imposed by Covid 19 means no sessions. Howth Singing Circle is in abeyance until precautions are eased and it is safe to reassemble to enjoy each other’s company and songs. There are, of course, many Zoom sessions being held and you can both tune in and enjoy some singing or you can seek to participate yourself. We are aware of Zoom sessions being promoted by Bray, An Góilín, The Night Before Larry Got Stretched and The Sunflower, Belfast, and would recommend them to you. There is also a Cancelled Singing Sessions FB page. Many musicians are also hosting events online – either as live sessions or recordings. Those who earn their living from performance are, like many others in different walks of life, suddenly bereft of income. You can help by contributing by purchasing artists’ material that is available through Bandcamp and other hosting platforms, direct from a favourite artist’s web or Facebook page where recordings can be sourced, or by showing your appreciation of online sessions like those held each Friday by our old friends Paul and Shona Anderson.
- We have been putting some recordings up on the Howth Singing Circle Facebook pages inviting you to enjoy artists like Niamh Parsons and Graham Dunne or Tony Fitzpatrick and to support their recordings. Of course, many hundreds of thousands are taking financial hits but for the vast majority of musicians, their income, even in good economic times, is precarious and erratic.
- If there is anything else you feel you would like Howth Singing Circle to do, please let us know.
- Until we can resume our normal activities, we salute our health care and other front-line workers for everything they are doing on all our behalf. Stay safe everyone.